Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dwarf Warrior Custom Standard

So I've always thought that the dwarf standards that coem with the stock models are rather boring.  Usually just an anvil or something small on top of a pole.  So I went about designing a new standard for the warriors with great weapons.

First step was just getting the pole, crossbars, and cloth set up.
So with a lot of plasticard, and a bit of greenstuff, the standard was born.  I'm really pleased with how the sculpting came out in the upper left hand corner, the upper right isn't bad, but the rest is just so-so.  Not bad for my skill level I suppose, but I will try to do better in the future.

I added some other imbellishments to help create a more dwarf feel (ax on top, rune on the banner) along with some pegs in the banner itself to hold it on the poles.

Overall I think it looks pretty decent once I put a bit of paint on it.  Overall, it meets my standard for a tabletop model, and it's nice to have something a little original in the army.


No comments:

Post a Comment